Connect with us

Entertainment

‘They’re a racist country’ – Fela Kuti’s son reacts to Vinicius Jr altercation with Benfica’s…

Published

on

Fela Kuti’s son, Seun, has weighed in on the racist remarks made to Vinicius Jr by Benfica and Argentine midfielder Gianluca Prestianni in the UEFA Champions League play-offs, Soccernet.ng reports.

The Brazilian winger scored the only goal of the game at the Estadio da Luz in Lisbon, sending the ball into Anatoliy Trubin’s top corner in the 50th minute.

Vinicius then hit the dancing steps to celebrate his goal, towards the corner flag where the Benfica home fans were seated, and he was booed.

French referee Francois Letexier issued a yellow card to the 25-year-old, and the decision didn’t sit well with the two-time UEFA Champions League winner.

In the middle of the ex-Flamengo man protesting the referees’ decision as Benfica prepared to restart the game, Gianluca Prestianni put his shirt over his mouth and allegedly muttered the word ‘mono’, meaning monkey, to Vinicius Jr.

Immediately, he took off, racing towards the referee who revealed there was a racist remark in the spectacle, and after a few minutes, Vini made his way to the dugout to remove himself from the situation.

Play resumed after 10 minutes, but was halted a little longer with Mbappe showing his displeasure towards Prestianni, screaming the words ‘you’re a f***ing racist.’

An afrobeats artist, a vocalist and a trumpeter, just like his father, but that wasn’t all Seun inherited, the 43-year-old is also very vocal concerning civil issues, a situation that landed Fela in jail several times.

Seun Kuti took to his Instagram page to air his grievances about racism as a whole, but not just that, he also mentioned how several people allow issues like this press on unnoticed.

Seun Kuti also faulted Jose Mourinho, who claimed Vinicius’ excessive celebrations antagonised the Benfica fans.

“Did you hear what Jose Mourinho said? Jose is one of the most loved coaches in the world. Nigerians love him, Ghanaians love him, but he said it’s Vini’s fault, asking why he would celebrate to offend the fans.

“That’s Mourinho, he didn’t know when it jumped out. Who would’ve thought that Mourinho was complicit?

“What I would say is that black people who are in Europe only take racism seriously when it happens to them, because they believe that they’re above their people.

“All the black footballers and pundits who have spoken against it are not angry; they’re just disappointed, even Mbappe. There’s a difference.

INEOS Chairman, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, owner of about 30% of the Manchester United stake, recently stated that the overpopulation of the United Kingdom is due to the high number of immigrants in the country, and Seun revealed his words convey racial undertones, considering he employs foreigners to play for his club.
“Last week, the owner of Manchester United said some of the most vile racist things ever. The number he gave was wrong; it’s an anti-immigrant, racist rhetoric.

“He insulted poor people and immigrants, even though his teams have immigrants, yet none of his players said anything. None of the black, rich footballers said anything; they were quiet.

“They feel they’re not part of it, but once they’re racially abused, they expect it to be everyone’s problem. It should have been unacceptable when Ratcliffe said it,” Seun Kuti concluded.

UEFA have announced there’s an investigation ongoing, but in the meantime, Kylian Mbappe, Thierry Henry, Micah Richards and other notable football personnel have condemned Prestianni’s act, alongside Mourinho’s comments.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Georgina Ibeh recounts ordeal after recovering hacked YouTube channel

Published

on

Nollywood actress Georgina Ibeh has detailed her experience after hackers compromised her YouTube channel, resulting in its temporary removal.

In a video posted on her Instagram page, Ibeh said she received an email from YouTube on February 9 notifying her that her channel had been taken down.

The actress, owner of Georgina Ibeh TV on YouTube, described the development as distressing but said she deliberately chose to remain calm and prayerful.

She explained that after days of seeking direction, she felt led to check the channel again. On doing so, she discovered that it had been restored but had been taken over by unknown individuals who were using the platform to promote political content.

Ibeh later received another email from YouTube confirming that full control of the channel had been returned to her.

Reflecting on the incident, she said her composure during the crisis stemmed from a lesson she learned three years ago on the need to stay calm in chaotic situations.

She wrote, “My YouTube channel got hacked on the 9th of February at 1:22 pm. I am Georgina Ibeh, and I am the owner of Georgina Ibeh TV on YouTube.

“On the 9th of February, at 1:23 am, I was nursing my baby to sleep, and I got an email. I opened it, and it says, ‘We have removed your channel from YouTube ‘

“I asked myself, “What did I press?” Or what did I do? I thought it was one of those spam messages or scammers. Apparently, someone hacked into my YouTube account and used it on Live. The person removed my name and replaced it with ‘Fox Live’. I didn’t know what to do; I wanted to panic, but I told myself to calm down.

“I just told God to help me because I didn’t know what to say. One spirit just told me to go check my YouTube channel. I quickly went to YouTube, dialled up my channel, and it popped up. The scammer used my channel to upload political content. Yesterday, my YouTube manager said we’ve gotten our channel, but we need YouTube to authorise us. We waited, and I got an email saying my channel has been recovered. Just say congratulations”.

“MY TESTIMONY. In the midst of chaos, I always try to stay calm. Learnt that 3 years ago. Please help me say, “Congratulations & Thank you, Jesus.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

‘Stupid Talk’ – Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo Blasts Fellow Ministers Criticising His Bible Tattoo

Published

on

Relationship coach and founder of David Christian Centre, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo, has responded to criticism over his Bible-inspired tattoo, stating he felt insulted by comments from fellow ministers. The cleric went viral after sharing a video from his 50th birthday celebration showing the tattoo process, featuring John 3:16 in Roman numerals “III: XVI.” Addressing the controversy during a sermon, Okonkwo argued that only “one or two ministers were grounded and sound enough to understand it,” dismissing others as “just religious people.” He rejected questions about whether posting the tattoo was expedient as “stupid talk.” Citing Christian leaders with tattoos including Joyce Meyer and Max Lucado, he defended his decision, stating “there are different flavours” in Christianity and his “calling, his own constituency requires that.”

Key Points:

The controversy highlights generational and doctrinal divides within Nigerian Christianity over body art.
It sparks debate on personal expression versus public perception for religious leaders.
Okonkwo defends his autonomy, while critics question the wisdom of publicising the tattoo.
This signals the evolving nature of religious expression and the tension between tradition and modernity.
The timing, amid viral social media scrutiny, amplifies the conversation around faith and personal choices.

Okonkwo’s defence underscores a growing willingness among younger clergy to challenge traditional norms, framing the tattoo as a personal expression of faith within his unique calling.

Sources: Vanguard, Pastor Kingsley Okonkwo/Sermon

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Naijacoaded | All Right Reserved | Powered by Naijacoaded.com |