Connect with us

Breaking News

Any American that tries to give Ijaw oil to Igbos will die – Asari Dokubo

Published

on

Former Niger Delta militant leader, Asari Dokubo, has hinted that there’s a negotiation which aims to see oil in Ijaw land handed over to the Igbo people.

According to him, this negotiation involves America.

In a video on social media, Dokubo warned that any American who sets foot in Ijawland with the aim of allocating oil to Igbo people will die on the land and never leave.

He said, “I’m telling you, every American that comes here because of oil will die here. Every American that comes here because of the oil of the Ijaw people will die here, will not leave here. …that they want to take the oil of the Ijaw people and give to Igbo people? They will all die here.”

Dokubo said this amid talks that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) is lobbying the United States of America to disintegrate Nigeria and resurrect the defunct Biafra Republic headed by Igbos.

If such is achieved, it means the oil-rich South-South will likely fall under Biafra again.

US troops are currently in Nigeria, but in the Northeast, where they aim to combat terrorism.

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Lagos sentences 17 to jail for open defecation

Published

on

Seventeen environmental offenders apprehended by the Lagoa Waste Management Authority (LAWMA) were arraigned on Thursday before the Magistrate Court sitting at Bolade, Oshodi, for urinating and defecating in public places.

The court found the defendants guilty and sentenced each offender to pay a fine of N40,000 or serve one month in prison.

“Let this serve as a clear reminder that open urination and defecation are environmental offences and serious public health risks. Lagos State will continue to enforce sanitation laws firmly to protect public health, preserve human dignity and maintain order in our communities,” said Lagos State Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Tokunbo Wahab.

“We urge residents to make use of available public sanitation facilities and comply with environmental regulations. Cleanliness is a shared responsibility.”

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Police say TikToker Mirabel will face prosecution if rape accusation is proven false

Published

on

The Ogun State Police Command has stated that the alleged perpetrator in the sexual assault case involving Nigerian TikToker, Mirabel (@mirab351), will be arrested and prosecuted if investigations confirm her claims, but warned that she could face legal consequences if the allegation is found to be false.

The Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, made this known during a recent interview with Channels Television while addressing public concerns surrounding the ongoing investigation.

According to him, the police remain neutral and committed to establishing the truth through due process.

“In general, if she’s telling the truth, the perpetrator will be arrested and charged to court appropriately,” Babaseyi said.

“If it is otherwise, as you know, the law goes against giving false information, and that can make anyone who gives false information culpable.”

The police spokesperson also dismissed widespread claims circulating on social media alleging that the TikToker had been arrested by the police, describing such reports as false.

“What we are trying to dispel is that there’s an allegation online that the police arrested her. She was not arrested by the police. She had a case and reported at the police station and we are investigating it, not as people claim that she was arrested as seen on social media,” he added.

The clarification comes amid heightened public attention following reports that the Ogun State Police Command had launched an investigation into the alleged sexual assault after a viral video and emotional posts by the victim sparked nationwide outrage and renewed concerns over justice for survivors of sexual violence in Nigeria.

Earlier, police authorities disclosed that the Commissioner of Police directed the Divisional Police Officer of the Ibafo Division to immediately establish contact with the victim after the case surfaced online.

The victim subsequently reported at the Ibafo Police Station, where officers obtained preliminary details before discovering that the alleged incident occurred within the Ogijo jurisdiction.

She was thereafter escorted to a medical facility for examination and urgent treatment before being transferred to the Ogijo Police Station for proper documentation and continuation of investigative procedures.

Police authorities said the survivor was later referred for extended medical care due to her fragile medical and emotional condition, assuring the public that efforts were ongoing to ensure her safety while investigations continue.

The case, which reportedly occurred on February 15, gained national attention after the victim alleged in a viral video that an unidentified man forced his way into her apartment, restrained her, and threatened that his family’s influence could obstruct justice.

The incident has since triggered widespread calls for transparency and accountability, with Nigerians urging authorities to conduct a thorough and impartial investigation.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2026 Naijacoaded | All Right Reserved | Powered by Naijacoaded.com |